Wednesday, August 31, 2005

This is getting ridiculous!

This morning I read in the paper that the two main pipelines to Virginia start in New Orleans and are shut down. So I decided that this would be a good time to fill up the pickup truck. I drive an V-8 F-150 with a 37 gallon tank. Lately I've had to take a BC Powder before I take it to the gas pump. I ran down the road to the gas station and filled up for $2.55 per gallon. I ran some errands and when I came back by that same gas station 6 hours later, gas was $2.99 per gallon!

We have to stop this. Alternative fuel sources are still a ways off and we need to encourage their growth. Hydrogen sounds great but I bet the machines that extract the hydrogen run off of diesel. The Canadians have several offshore oil platforms in the Grand Banks of the North Atlantic. Do we have any such operations on our East Coast? Negative! It's illegal! That's crap.

Also, why do we have so many refinery eggs in the Gulf of Mexico basket? No refineries built in 25 years is why. Everybody wants a refinery but not in their backyard. It's a vicious circle.

No comments: